If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you will need to complete a Travel Health Questionnaire. You must submit the questionnaire at least 8 weeks before the date of travel, but we advise you do this as early as possible. We insist on at least 8 weeks’ notice because;
- The nursing team need sufficient time to safely check your region of travel; sometimes different regions of the same country have different advice/vaccination requirements.
- We may have to order some vaccinations in, especially less common ones.
- You may require more than one dose of a vaccination, spread over several weeks.
- If there is a group of people travelling together, each patient will need separate appointments for their vaccinations, this can be problematic to schedule.
The Health Questionnaire allows the Nursing team to assess your health needs, it is very important you include the region of the country you are visiting as this can impact on the advice or vaccinations required. You can complete the questionnaire online, via the link below or collect a printed copy at Main Reception.
Once you have submitted your questionnaire the nurse will check the information and then the surgery will contact you to arrange a suitable appointment. You will be advised if there are any costs related to the vaccinations. Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Please note if you do not submit your questionnaire at least 8 weeks before your travel date, we will be unable to see you; however we may be able to recommend other, local travel clinics that may be able to accommodate you.
Travel Health Questionnaire
***PLEASE NOTE BEFORE COMPLETING THE QUESTIONNAIRE***
- If you do not submit your questionnaire at least 8 weeks before your travel date, we will be unable to see you; however we may be able to recommend other, local travel clinics that may be able to accommodate you.
- To avoid uncessary delays please include your region of travel as well as Country as this may alter what vaccinations are required.
To help us offer the appropriate advice, please click here to fill out the online form before coming to see the nurse.
Patients can book a Yellow Fever vaccination here at Buckshaw Village Surgery - please call reception for more information
Click here to download the Yellow Fever Checklist